Sunday, October 02, 2011

All things Last Call

And with the end of September do you know what that means? Last Call is now available to order in both paperback and e-book. A list of where to buy the books can be found in Contact.

Now that it's out there people keep asking  me what it feels like to be a published author. Honestly? It feels very surreal. I have the book in my hands and yet, it still doesn't feel like I actually did it. On PUB day I was feeling everything that you could possibly imagine. Nervous, anxious, nauseous and way, way down deep there was a little bit of excitement. Now all I have to do is sit back and wait to see what the reviewers have to say. Is this where I can beg for you not to eat me alive?

Besides the reviewers there are still a couple of people that I really, really don't want to get a hold of it even though I know it's going to happen. My grandmother for one. Don't get me wrong, I'm so grateful that she wants to be supportive and read it, but keep in mind that when it comes to sexual content she's fairly reserved. And if you've read anything I've written - from Last Call to my dip into the fanfiction world - you'll know that sex is a fairly big part of what I write. Now, it's no where near written as graphic or taboo as I could have gone, but for my grandmother I fear one of three things. 1) Heart attack (now you think I'm joking, but really it scares me!) 2) Her never being able to look me in the eye again and 3) A call from her asking me what something is and I'll have to explain Sex 101 - The 2011 Version to my 70-something year old grandmother.

But as my fears of bad reviews and elderly sex ed haunt me, there is something that I am so very proud of. Last Call made TWCS top ten best sellers list of September! It came in 8th on the list, which I am SO very proud and excited about considering I didn't even think I'd make it on there. Eight? Hell, yeah! Here's hoping it just keeps moving up!

If you have read the book it would be great if you could leave a review on either Amazon or Goodreads. If you're a blogger and would like to review it on your blog but haven't gotten the book yet you can find out how by visiting the Contact tab.

Cheers!
Jennifer






0 comments:

Post a Comment