Sunday, September 11, 2011

The curse has been lifted

Yes, I'm pretty sure that I've been cursed when it comes to writing my second book. I started back in July (I think) and until the other night had only written fourteen pages. Talk about frustrating! But finally - finally! - I finished the first chapter. You hear that? That was me sighing in relief. Now I feel like I can get somewhere with this book.

And I better get my butt in gear because I have six months to finish the manuscript in time for my deadline so Playing With Fire will have a September 2012 release date. Yes, September 2012. But, Jennifer, that's a year away. Surely you can finish a manuscript in time for that! One would think, wouldn't they? I'm s-l-o-w when it comes to writing. I'm fairly certain I drive everyone involved crazy with my snail speed.

Have you checked out the Teasers tab? You'll find a sneak peek to Last Call. You can also find it on Goodreads now. Wow. Seriously, I'm still in surreal mode here http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/12576927-last-call.

And because I've been so busy with my kids and trying to write when inspiration actually raises her stubborn little head, I've had NO time to read. The last book I read was WATER FOR ELEPHANTS months and months ago. I have about 30 books on my TBR list and can't seem to knock any of them off *sigh* One day I'll get around to them I suppose.


Jennifer

0 comments:

Post a Comment